Saturday, July 10, 2010

"Deceptively Delicious"

So I went out and got myself a new cook book, "Deceptively Delicious". Navie will not eat any vegetables other than peas, and this cook book teaches you how to puree veggies and put them into different recipes without anyone knowing : ).


So far I have made cauliflower, broccoli, and butternut squash puree. I can't wait to try out some of the recipes that calls for them. I still need to make spinach, carrot, and sweet potato puree. There is a really yummy looking recipe for brownies that calls for carrot and spinach : )

All of these purees came from 1 butternut squash, 1 head of cauliflower, and 2 broccoli crowns. I divided them into 1/2 cup portions since most of the recipes only call for a 1/2 cup of puree. And an added bonus is that since I will be in the habit of making different purees, I will be able to use some as baby food too when the next baby is born (no I'm not pregnant). They freeze great.

So seriously, if anyone else has the same problem getting the kids/hubby/yourself to eat veggies than you should take a peak at this book. I haven't actually made any of the recipes yet but have two of them on the meal menu for this week. I'll let you all know how they turn out.

1 comment:

Dad said...

Believe it or not, i have a copy of this book too. Mommy tells me i'm not a baby and that i need to eat like a grown up.