Sunday, June 21, 2009

New Calling

As of today, I am no long a Sunday school teacher at church. Now I'm the secretary in the Primary Presidency : ). I'm excited and nervous at the same time. Its going to take a lot of organization and prep time but I think that it will be fun : ). I'm trying to get all the information that I was given together and start organizing it my way. The last secretary wasn't the most organized and so I had to throw out 2 years of unneeded attendance records. My next mission is to get the scriptures, prayers, and talks assigned for closing exercises in July so I can hand them out next week. I need to get the quarterly attendance reports ready to hand in to the ward clerk next Sunday too.
I think that this is neat because lately I have been feeling like I need a little challenge. Being a stay at home mom isn't the most mentally challenging thing. I didn't want anything too hard but something to keep my mind busy. I think that this calling is what I need. I guess I got what I asked for : ).

2 comments:

The Crunkletons said...

Congrats on the new calling. You'll do great!

Alyssa said...

Hey! I just got called as the Primary Secretary in my ward, too! Small world!! I know what you mean about getting things organized your way... our old Secretary moved to Oregon and didn't leave a single thing behind for me, so I'm starting from scratch! Ha! I still kind of have no idea what I'm doing, though...Good luck, hope you enjoy it!!