Sunday, September 6, 2009

Navie's First Birthday

Navie turned 1 year old on Wednesday and today we had her birthday party. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed decorating the house in ladybugs : ). I think that everyone had a good time. Of course we had dinner, presents, and cake. Cris had a very nice video presentation of Navie's first year of life. I really wish that there was a way for me to put in on the blog. I would love to share it with everyone but it is 30 minutes long and I have no idea to get it on here. Maybe I will take a short clip of it with my camera and post it later. I am so exhausted right now that I'm having a hard time thinking of what to write so here are some pictures from the party.


We even had a live ladybug centerpiece. Don't worry they couldn't get out : )


Balloons, balloons, and more balloons! Of course they had to be red and black because ladybugs are red and black : ).


Present time!!!!


This is the cake that I made for the party. The ladybug came off and that was Navie's piece : ). The candle is a battery powered flickering LED candle that you can actually blow on and have it turn off. This way I didn't have to worry about and open flame.


Singing Happy Birthday


Cake face!!!! I love it : ).


Navie had a lot of fun with the cake as you can see. She even kept putting her finger in her nose and pushing cake up into it. She wasn't too happy when I had to cake it away. I didn't want her to eat too much and get sick.

It was a great day and we enjoyed every minute of it. I can't believe that Navie is a year old. We love her more than words can describe. Happy Birthday Princess! Mommy and Daddy love you so much!

By the way...Navie took her first steps last night!!!! Cris was lucky enough to catch it on his iPhone!!! enjoy!!

6 comments:

The Crunkletons said...

Looks like you all had so much fun!! Love the pics and the video!

margaret said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NAVIE

Grandma and Grandpa Schaeffer said...

Wonderful party!!! So much fun! We love her so much! Watched the video again this morning.The pics of the party turned out great!

Holly and Steve said...

She looks so adorable! Wish we could have been there. Tell Navie we love her. LOVE the cake!!! You did an awesome job.

Alyssa said...

AWESOME VIDEO!!!

Unknown said...

Hey Brooke .... beautiful pictures of Great Grandaughter Navie ..... she is growing like a little weed and cute as a button. Love ya and have a great weedend ... visited with Aunt Joan & family yesterday.

Grandpa Young