Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Old and The New

For a little fun here is an old picture that we wanted to share with everyone.......


No that little blonde baby isn't Navie. Its Cris when he was a little boy. He is sitting on his Grandma's lap. The other two in the picture are his Grandpa and big bother Craig (this was before Corey was born). We don't know how old he is but he is obviously older in this picture that Navie is now but you can still see the resemblance! It amazes me how much Cris and Navie look alike!!
Well to go with the old, I have a bit a new news. As I think most people know, I was called as Primary Secretary at church. I have been serving in that calling for three months now and have enjoyed it despite the stresses that come with it. Well, today the whole presidency was released and so I was released too from secretary but I'm not off the hook. I was also sustained and set apart as the 2nd counselor in the Primary Presidency! I really excited about this calling. I still get to enjoy primary but now I have more responsibility then before. I'm going to be super busy because next month in November (I'm rounding the month since Sept. is almost over) we are going to have the primary program that takes up the entire sacrament service. This calling is going to be hard so I'm nervous but I have a really excellent President to work with. I hope everything goes well and I can fulfill my calling the way the Lord wants me too. Wish me luck : )

3 comments:

The Crunkletons said...

I know Navie resembles Chris, but I see some Schaeffer, too. Please give her some lovin's from me!

Holly and Steve said...

She does look a lot like Cris, but she is so pretty just like her mom:) Congrats on the new calling! That will be fun!!!

The Hubert Family said...

She does look just like him! Just like Adrienne looks like her Daddy. Isn't it funny that the two Schaeffer cousins with the darkest hair have beautiful blonde daughters? : ) You will do great with your new calling. Relax and enjoy it!