Thursday, April 23, 2009

There's a Mouse in the House!

So a few weeks ago I was sitting in the dining room and thought that I heard a noise coming from the kitchen that sounded like popcorn popping. I asked Cris to check it out for me and he said that he heard it too. Next thing I know, Cris slams the cabinet door close and he tells me that there was a mouse in there chewing on the tupperware! Yuck!!! How it got in the house, we have no idea. We've looked everywhere for an entry point and can't find one. Well we thought about calling a pest control company but then decided that it wouldn't be a good thing for them to spray chemicals and junk around when we have a little baby, so instead we set our own traps. We put one in the cabinet where we saw the mouse and one in the pantry just in case.
For a few days it seemed like the mouse had disappeared until I started to see mouse dropping in the pantry! Double yuck!!!!! Now I was really starting to worry because the traps didn't seem to be working and we couldn't have mice leaving droppings everywhere because that can carry diseases. Well, yesterday our problem was solved. The mouse finally got curious and the trap worked!!! Now I just have to keep an eye out for more mice just in case. We all ready have another trap set up. Lets hope that there won't be anymore mice!

1 comment:

jay and holl said...

eww! i hate mice especially in your cupboards! when i was little we lived in a country area with a big field behind us and we caught like three mice a day in traps!! i remember seeing one run across the counter top and down into the stove!! yuck so creepy