Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Trunk or Treat

Every year our ward does a really nice Trunk or Treat activity for Halloween. For those who don't know what it is, its a ward activity where people can decorate their trunks for Halloween and meet in the church's parking lot. Little kids come around to each car to get candy. Well, this year was our first year and we kept our theme a secret. Now that we have done it, here is our theme..... Ghostbusters!!!! It was so much fun!!! Of course we won best costume, and best trunk!! Here are some pictures from tonight!

My little Slimer!!


Here we are. Cris was a Ghostbuster, I was Janine (the secretary), and of course Navie was Slimer. It was really windy out so my wig is blowing around in this picture : )


Here is our trunk. The sign on top of the car is actually lit but you can't tell because its was still light out when I took the picture.


This is the Mobile Ghost Containment Unit. Inside we had ghosts hanging from the ceiling and a fog machine : )


Cris with his machine!!


Here is the what his pack looked like. It had working lights, played the Ghostbusters theme song, and everything! He worked really hard making it and it shows!!! And did I mentioned he made it himself : ).


Here is the view you got when you looked through the view finder on the machine. I made and painted all the ghosts so they would glow under the black light that we had attached to the ceiling.



This is a video of our trunk while it was still light out. It looked the best in the dark but I knew my camera wouldn't be able to pick anything up.


Here is a video of Cris' pack all lit up. Sorry its sideways. I forgot that my camera wouldn't flip it : ).

And here are our prizes. The orange candies with the bobble heads on them were for the best trunk and the Toy Story candy is for best costume. I know they aren't much but we worked hard for them and are very proud. It was neat when they announced the winners because everyone knew that we won. It was nice to have everyone clap and cheer for us. It made it all worth it : ) Now to start planning for next year.......

3 comments:

Holly and Steve said...

That is so cute!!! I loved all your costumes. Navie looked adorable! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun!

The Crunkletons said...

Looks like tons of fun...you'll have to make the Halloween family picture your new profile pic on FB. Cris would love to know that I saw a white hearse drive through our town today that looked exactly like the one used in the Ghostbusters movie. Wish I'd had a camera to take a picture.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I would like to do this trunk idea but idk how? how did you make the light up sign and what did you use to do the ghost with if you get this please respond and by the way you did an amazing job!