Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Annabelle....time to take the 'ol girl out for a ride

Tonight Corey and I went shooting with some friends from church. They were sighting in a Saiga AK variation. Corey and I were playing with my M1 Garand. She'll be 67 years old next month, and yes, she was more than likely in The War. We were plinking at some apples at 50 and 100 yards. At the end of this video I nailed one of the 100 yard apples and it pretty much vaporized! Sorry we didn't get video of the apples going. Sorry, Micah gets pretty loud when he has his plugs in.


This next one was me doing some rapid fire. Check out the flame job at the barrel!




And finally I had some tracer rounds kicking around, so I decided to burn 'em at the end. You can see the whole range. The 50, 100 and 230 yards all the way at the back. Watch carefully at the 230 yard range at about shot 5 or 6 and you can see the round continuing to burn on the backstop. It's a little hard to see on this small video, but you can see a tiny glow towards the left. Fun stuff!




More fun to follow. Sadly all Corey's videos are on his camera, so we don't have any to show you. I'm sure we'll have some more soon.

2 comments:

Sam Crunkleton said...

FREAKIN SWEET!!

Mom S said...

WOW! What a gun. You handle it like a pro. It would knock me on my butt.