Monday, August 18, 2008

Unhappy Mommy!

Today I had my doctor's appointment. We finally got to meet the male doctor. We've been going there for 9 months and every time we are supposed to meet him he has to go to the hospital on call. Now here is what makes me unhappy... my blood pressure was up a little again this week. I asked the doctor if it could possibly be the machine that they use and he said that it does tend to read higher then your blood pressure actually is but "just in case" I have to go in for a blood test on Wednesday. I also have to collect all my urine for the next 24 hours and turn that into them when I go in for the blood work. It makes me mad because he said this is to see if I have Pregnancy Induced Hypertension. Well lets think about this for a minute.... my blood pressure is up a little and I'm pregnant..... What do you think?!?!?!?! I just think that it is so stupid that I have to go in for blood work when its not going to tell us anything that a normal doctor's visit won't. Everything this test is supposed to look for they test every time I go in for a visit. It's just unnecessary! Its not hard to collect my urine but still it makes me mad. I'm not a real fan of this doctor. At the birthing class we found out that he gives every woman an episiotomy whether they need one or not so this tells me that he's just sending me off for this test for the heck of it. But oh well, there's nothing I can do about it so I guess I'll have to do it.


On a lighter note, my Strep B test came back negative so at least that's one thing that we don't have to worry about : ). Navie is doing great. I love to hear her heart beat at every visit. It's strong and healthy which would make any parent happy : ) I can't wait to finally have her home with us.

No comments: