Thursday, September 11, 2008

Navie's First Doctor's Appointment

Navie had her first doctors appointment today. It went perfectly. She has grown 1/4 of an inch and is now 19 3/4 inches long. She is nursing well because she is now back to her birth weight. She even weighs and an once more at 6 lbs. 6 oz. : ) She has another appointment in 3 weeks (the 1 month old check up). They want to make sure that she continues to gain weight the way she has.


Boy is she a sleeper!!!! She literally sleeps all day! I even have to wake her up to nurse which isn't as easy as it sounds. She sleeps like a rock : ) She is up several times in the middle of the night but it isn't too bad. I have to do most of it because I want Cris to get as much sleep as he can. Since he drives for FedEx I don't want him to be drowsy. He keeps insisting on helping but since I seem to wake up before Navie starts to cry I kinda get there first : ). My mother's intuition gets me up so Cris most of the time doesn't know : ). Cris has been such a great help. I couldn't have asked for a better husband. It was hard at first getting out of bed because of my C-Section and Cris was right there to get Navie and comfort her until I could get up. Its still hard to do things around the house but I'm getting a lot better. I can even sleep on my side now (with a pillow under my side to help support my leftover belly : ) ). I have lost 20 lbs since before Navie was born. Most of that was from the birth. I can't really do to much right to loose more weight because of my C-Section but as soon as I can I want to get the weight off. Wish me luck : )

3 comments:

The Hubert Family said...

Glad to hear she is growing well. Now we just need some more pictures. :)

Holly and Steve said...

We're so glad to hear that! I'm glad things are going well for you guys! Keep us updated. She is seriously so precious. It makes me so excited to have ours, but I still have a long while!

The Crunkletons said...

Happy to hear that you and the little princess are doing well!! Can't wait to see more pictures. She'll change so much as she grows. Give her a hug and kiss for us since we can't be there to enjoy all the fun! Love you guys!